NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- Five and Dime Ale House – Monday night jam sessions hosted by Hot Club of Baltimore, mostly Django Reinhardt music, 1930s-’40s and standards. 901 W 36th St., Baltimore 7:30 – 11:00 pm. Call Michael Harris for more information at 443-884-2123.
- Tabor Ethiopian Restaurant – Monday straight ahead jazz jam hosted by Clarence Ward III. 328 Park Ave., Baltimore. 9:00 – 11:30 (or later…). No cover, 1-drink minimum. 410-528-7234
- An die Musik – An Die Musik jazz jam (hosted by Josh Espinoza and Alex Meadow). 409 N Charles St., Baltimore. Every other Monday, 7:30 – 9:30 pm, There’s no cover for musicians, and cover is $10 for audience members ($5 for students).
- Randallstown Community Center – Open Jazz Jam Sessions/Book and Poetry
Readings every Tuesday at 6-8 pm. Hosted by Derrick Amin. 3505
Resource Drive, Randallstown. Musicians and vocalists are
welcome. Sponsored by BJA. 410-887-0698
- The Judge’s Bench – First Tuesday of each month, join a jam session hosted by Charlie Schueller. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 8:30 pm – midnight.
- 49 West Café – FIRST and THIRD Wednesdays. “Starr’s Jazz Jam” at 49 West Street, Annapolis. Hosted by John Starr and house band. Musicians and singers very welcome! Delicious and reasonably priced food and drink available! $10 cover. 7-10 pm. Reservations 410-626-9796
- Homeslyce – Todd Marcus leads jazz jam sessions every Wednesday. Musicians welcome. 336 N. Charles Street. 8-11 pm. 443-501-4000
- The Place Lounge – Jam session/open mic hosted by Spice on all Thursdays except the first. 315 W. Franklin Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-10 pm. 410-547-2722
- Corinthian Lounge – Jam session/open mic hosted by Spice on the first Thursday of the month. 7107 Windsor Mill Road, Baltimore, 21244
- New! Trinacria Cafe – Jam session hosted by Liz Fixsen and the Now-and-Then Jazz Quartet. 111 W. Centre Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-9 pm. 443-759-4082
- New! Arch Social Club – Juice & Jam, neighborhood jam featuring the New World Outreach Jazz Orkestra. 2426 Pennsylvania Avenue. Doors open at 5:30 pm.
- New! The House of Chiefs – Listen to the house band and join the jam until the wee hours! BYOB, food available, $10 cover. 4603 York Road. 9 pm – 3:30 am.
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!