- Chamber Music America announced the recipients of its 2016 commissioning programs, supporting the creation of new works for small ensembles. Recipients include BJA board member Todd Marcus. read more…
- Member Phil Ravita has been awarded a grant from the Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts for a jazz performance celebrating the coming 100th birthday of Ella Fitzgerald.
- Congratulations to board member Todd Marcus, who was named a Rising Star in the 63rd DownBeat critics poll, placing 13th out of 21 clarinetists.
- Congratulations to Phil Ravita, who has been elected President of the Maryland Area College Music Association for two-year and four-year colleges.
- BJA Board member Vernard R. Gray was recently interviewed on “Behind the Mind Radio Show.” Gray and program host Sherri Good discussed the influence of jazz on social and civil rights movements in the past and present.
For older member notes, see past issues of the BJA Newsletter.